Welcome to the Epfo & UAN Member Portal Awareness portal. Clarify all the all questions with detailed articles on the portal. epf balance enquiry, reset forgot the uan password. uan status, registration pf transfer, and withdrawal including pf claim status. employers also know how to make payment register new member etc at employer uan portal.
find all EPFO services and online facilities for EPFO employees and employers. The latest news about epfo Scheme, employee provident fund scheme India eligibility interest rates etc.
About EPFO Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
EPFO Formed by the act of 1952 It’s maintains by CBT central board of trustees.employee provident fund organization Comes under Ministry of labor and employment. EPF ordinance passed in 1951, formed by employee provident fund provisions act 1952. EPF scheme not applicable for J&K.
Origin of Employee provident fund Organization EPFO
government of India decided to provide Assistance to the workers or employees in unemployment, illness, Disability and Old age. This is the main reasons for bringing the employee provident fund organization 1952 act.
EPF Organization Authorities hierarchy level
EPF offices located in every state and regional sub-office located in every city town in India. EPFO head office established in Delhi. Additional Central Provident Fund Commissioner takes care of One state employee provident fund organization offices related issues & workflow. Regional offices handled by Regional Provident Fund Commissioners (RPFC) Grade I, Sub-regional offices by Regional Provident Fund Commissioners (RPFC) Grade III. All above officers assisted by Assistant Provident Fund Commissioners and another field officer works with the Local establishment and local EPF offices called as Enforcement Officer.
Total EPFO Funds as on March 31/2016 8.6 lakh crores. in USD $130 Billion. Now employee provident fund organization have decided invest in stock market about 15%. Now employee provident fund organization announced investment 2,800 crores in Central Public Sector Enterprises exchange-traded fund (CPSE-ETF).
employee provident fund organization Schemes:
- EPF Employee provident fund scheme,
- EPS employee pension scheme,
- EDLI: Employee deposit linked insurance scheme.
EPFO Withdrawal forms:
Form 19 for PF Transfer /withdrawal
FORM 10 C for pensions withdraw
EPFO Services For employees
employers Role in EPFO
According to the employee provident fund organization 1952 act, the establishment which has more than 20 or employees have to contribute in EPF scheme.
Almost all employer activities related to EPFO done by online. employee provident fund organization Launched new UAN employer portal for establishments to make their regular activities like following below.
New Members registration or pf account generation, Establishment registration with employee provident fund organization (digital signatures are compulsory), EPF payment, UAN Login creation for members, Approving PF transfer and withdrawal made by the employee either offline or online at member claims portal etc.
Registering an Establishment with EPFO
Now employers can register with EFPO on OLRE portal (Online register establishments). PF Codes for establishment allocated online. for any queries regarding employer issues a toll-free number available on EPF portal 1800 118 005 but this works only on working days between 9AM-5PM. Digital certificates and PAN Number of employer required for EPF Registration.
Employers are fall under 3 categories according to the EPF act 1952. Employers who already have pf code, Employers comes under the provision of act 1952. Some employers don’t fall in the epfo act but they volunteered to join epfo.
UAN Portal Services for Employers
Employers can access all the UAN Members details on EPF portal. But employers have to sign in with the required credentials like establishment code, extension and the mobile which is registered on ECR 2.0 Portal. Then verify mobile by OTP to access the UAN member details online.
EPF Payment by Employer: EPF India using SBI EPF payment service for employer contributions every month. if you don’t know exactly how to make EPF payment let check it on epf payment page. Employers can pay debit/ credit card any national bank in India.
EPFO UAN Services
UAN Number launched by PM Modi on 2014 October. UAN Number acts as the umbrella for employees. with help of UAN, We can withdraw money online. No transfer requested because it automatically transferred. employees can manage multiple pf accounts with one UAN number.
employee provident fund organization Regional websites & Offices
Latest EPFO news: Now employee provident fund organization only accepts employer contribution if the UAN Number linked to the PF number. SO UAN Is mandatory for withdrawal and contribution.
EPF Withdrawal rules
- The Employee can only withdraw full amount if he crossed 58 years.
- The employee can withdraw without employer consent by attaching gazetted office sign.
There is no PF account without UAN number.
Employee enrollment campaign starts from January 1st, 2017 to March 31st, 2017. This scheme encourages employees who were entitled to membership between 2009 to 2016. but not joined till enrolled with employee provident fund organization.
EPf Balance Enquiry @ epfo Portal
This is the old way to check pf balance online before 2014 onwards. for enquiring epf balance, members have to visit the epf balance Portal. But now it may not available at this time.
- Select Pf Office for this members has to select the State, city, Regional Pf Office.
- Enter The PF Account Number. If the establishment code is available then leave it blank. you can also search for establishment code at epfo Portal.
- Enter Name and Date of Birth and Registered Mobile Number and click on Submit.
within few Minutes you will get epf balance details to To Mobile Number.
PF balance check with UAN No
Generally 3 ways we can check pf balance by uan number
- By Missed call
- By SMS
- Downloading UAN / epf passbook online.
- members also check pf balance with epf mobile app.
EPF Passbook download by UAN Number
This is the Most Popular and convenient way to know epf balance and pf account statement details.
- Visit the Pf passbook portal https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in
- Enter You UAN Number and Password to login to Access UAn passbook.
- Download the epf passbook and know your Epf balance along with Pension amount.
UAN Activation & UAN Member Portal Registration
Before uan Activation, members have to know their UAN Number by Pf Number. for this member may opt for UAN status or contacting Employer.
We can register on UAN Member Portal by different ways. No UAN Number needed for registration.
Required details for UAN Portal Registration
- Aadhaar Number
- Pan Number
- EPF Number
- UAN Number
Anyone of the above details. And following details are mandatory to match with the member data in epfo Portal.
- Member Name & surname
- Father / Husband name
- Registered Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
Once UAN Registration (Set password) is completed login and get services mentioned below.
- view the passbook.
- edit Profile,
- Update KYC
to know complete uan registration do check this out UAn Activation.
Ways 2 Know UAN Number
- Contacting employer
- checking on Salary Slip,
- Know uan Number with Pf Number online.
- Know UAN Number at UAN Portal with aadhar, pan Number by UAN status
EPfo UAn Helpdesk customer care
Toll-free: 1800118005 (9:15 AM to 5:45 PM) click here to find the solution with the epfo helpdesk.
The Top 10 Rules of EPFO 2018 budget
- 1. pf withdrawal can only possible only after 2 months of unemployment.
- 2. if employee contributed pf more than 5 years there is no tax.
- 3.if old employer pf account transferred to new employer considered as continuous employment.\
- 4.if the employee had left his employment due to following reasons (company closed or health issues by the employee)
- attract no taxes if the employee withdraws his money before 5 years.
- 5. before 5 years pf withdrawal is taxable according to the income tax slab. it amount has been added to the overall income of the year and returns file accordingly.
- 6. if the pf amount claimed under section 80 c it will be taxed as salary and the interest on pf should be claimed as income from other sources.
- 7. income tax on pf interest will be applied if the employment is not continued.so we have to withdraw pf amount after 2 months employment to avoid tax on pf interest or continue to earn more accumulated interest based on your tax slab.
- 8. partial withdrawal: available for marriage/home/loan/illness/unemployment some portion your pf amount based on requirement should be applied online or offline.
here is the list of Epfo UAN services for further help
- EPF balance,
- UAn Status,
- UAn Registration,
- Epfo claim status,
- Automatic Pf transfer,
- Pf withdrawal
- UAN Passbook
- PPF Account,
- VPF Account.
- UAN member services